Tuesday 17 January 2012

Grounded

I am creating this graphic with the intention to apply it to a T-shirt.
Designed to illustrate the word Grounded, using a piece of illustration
artwork from the past as inspiration, striving towards creating an
interesting, fun, and intelligent, Four Colour Screen Printable product;
I created this Vector Artwork with great enthusiasm and am planning to
try this style again in the near future.


Here is my Inspiration Art Piece
Woman's Day magazine
Illustrated by Robert Jones
February 1961

I like how Robert Jones used the "colour white" to illustrate 
the subject madder, and reinforce the idea of importance.  
The Monochromatic Simplicity in this illustration is what 
really caught my eye.

Here are my thumbnails and illustration development scans

This is my Final Product.


I'm always open to improving my design, so if anyone has any 
productive suggestions please feel free to comments.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely: 
Eric Kools

2 comments:

  1. I would definately wear that shirt! Love the technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here -- very cool -- you made excellent use of your inspiration image. You should submit this to threadless.com Good work, Eric!

    ReplyDelete