Sunday 22 January 2012

Prepare

The Word is Prepare! My Goal is to create a Two Colour Screen Print-
able Design. Imagination and concept are up to Me! My theme is Construction.
My inspiration for this piece is…

Publication unknown
Attributed to George Albertus
Year unknown


ThankYou Leif Peng
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leifpeng/sets/72157607303301242/


My Idea is to create Simplified Graphic Icons to represent Safety Work Ware
and somehow incorporate the word Prepare. This design may be of some interest
to a contracting company in the future.

My Thumb Nails looked something like this…


The Process Begins!











I found some Reference Pictures via Google Image Search, aranged them
on my computer screen and took a screen shot. I proceeded to print, trace, scan,
and vectorize these "icons" and stylize them to suit my needs.




I then Prepared my text... and arranged my Composition to satisfy the eye...



I Decided to take this One Step Further to show, whom ever is interested, how
this design would look like if i were to prepare it for Screen Printing...




I know i said it was to be a Two Colour Design... But... I decided to, while i was 
colour separating this design , create an aditional layer for this screen print. Now 
my design can be printed with 2 or 3 colours!

And Here You Go
Final Concept!!


Thank You for Your interest!

Eric Kools

...and ThankYou to Illustration Friday for your Inspiration

...although i missed the deadline... :(




1 comment:

  1. That is... great. Really great. I'm really impressed. Nice work! Excellent step-by-step demo and a very appealing, solid final design. :^)

    ReplyDelete