Monday 16 January 2012

International Women's Day, 2012 Poster

In this Project; I have been asked to create 
The final artwork will be rendered in acrylic paint. 

I have chosen Judge Judith Sheindlin as 
my Woman Of Inspiration


My inspiration for this project is Al Parker's composition in...
Cosmopolitan magazine
Illustrated by Al ParkerSeptember 1954


My Plan is to have "Judge Judy" in the foreground, sitting 
up high behind "The Bench" in bright, high contrast colours, 
and a lot of fine detail. And the American Coat of arms 
will be in the background, in dark low contrast colours, and 
thick strokes.

I was also given the idea to include the words "International 
Women's Day, 2012" in scroll like banners on one side of the 
poster and "Judge Judith Sheindlin" on the other side 
in another "scroll"

Here are some Thumbnails to give you a better idea of 
what i'm planning


So there is where i am and i'll be posting progress as i go

thanks for your interest
cheers!

Eric Kools

1 comment:

  1. We talked already so you know what to do -- keep going - and use your photo ref to assist you on the full size pencil drawing for Monday. :^)

    ReplyDelete